Thursday, December 2, 2010

sleep texting

John has been out of town for the week and I have been leaning on my friends this week to help me out. My mom had stayed with me Wednesday and then left around 130.  It was time for me to rest before the girls got home and by the time the girls got home I was still tired.  I got the girls a snack and headed back upstairs to relax with the girls.  The girls were watching the Rudolph special I had recorded from the other night and I dozed off again.  It was around dinner time last night and Alice texted me.  I remember hearing the text... and i remember it being difficult for me to text back.  i was THAT tired.  After realizing it was dark out and that John would be home from the airport anytime I did get up and slowly wander downstairs.  Mia helped me bring in our dinner (chicken soup from the Adamsons) and we got it on the stove to heat it up.  Just then Alice came in.  After reading my incoherent texts I think she thought that either over-dosed in some valuim or was clearly just not in charge of dinner.  Alice came to the rescue again.  She made some rice, she served us up and washed down all my (kitchen) surfaces. Then went back to her house to fix her family dinner.  She really has been doing double duty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment