Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ONE MONTH today }

One month and I think I am doing extremely well!  I am doing more then I ever imagined I would be doing but yet still spending PLENTY of time relaxing.  I belief that it is the constant help and encouragement from all of my friends and family.  We have so much support and so many people rooting for my recovery.  I also stay positive, even when I am bored out of my mind or pouting that I can't drive.  I have to put it all back in perspective of just how fortunate I am.

I had an appointment with Kimberly (Dr. Oros) nurse today to go over the last month. I thought John would go with me but he has an insanely busy week.  I figured it was not an appointment that I would be thrown any curve ball or given any bad news so I told him to stay and work.  I had planned on doing a bit of shopping with Cindy so instead she took me to my appointment and I was glad that my mom wanted to join us also.  We went to lunch together and then headed to the appointment.
there we were  - mother in law on the left, mom to my right.  i feel at home in the waiting room with a lot less anxiety.
The appointment went well.  We went over a two page list of symptoms before and after surgery.  Kimberly asked which symptoms have gotten better and wondered if any were worse.  Some were hard to answer because I am on muscle relaxers so it is hard for me to tell if my fatigue has gotten better.  I am tired, yes.  I also got to ask a lot of questions,  I was very pleased to hear that all of my numbing symptoms (from my face to my hand and feet) are gone and most likely not being masked by any of my pain pills.  That is a victory.  The rest of the tests are like a sobriety test including standing like a flamingo so that the moms could laugh at me.   

I was cleared to go to physical therapy (got the orders)  and I can now lift 15lbs.  She said that physical therapy will be able to tell me when I can drive.  Of course I went right home and made an appointment for Friday!  

Here we all are.  Kimberly could do without me taking pictures.  But I try to have some visuals for my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment