Tuesday, December 7, 2010

a BIG tuesday

big tuesday take one
First - this marks three weeks.  Three weeks after my surgery and here I am.  I have good hours and bad hours and then good days and bad days.  But I sure am doing better then I ever imagined I would be doing.  People have told me that the recovery is slow and that if I was able to make it to my end of the driveway and back each day - i would be doing good.  Then reminded me that if I got ahead of myself and walked around the block, the next day I would pay for it.  I do understand that concept.  It happens.

While each person in my family has been dealing with my surgery and my recovery differently - right now it is Ryan that needs a little time and attention.  For about a month Ryan has been acting out in the morning and not wanting to get ready for school and go to school.  This is my 5 year old that would wake up with the alarm - jump to the floor, get dressed, brush her teeth, ready for the day and come to wake me up since i had pushed snooze.  So,  quite a drastic difference that started just a week or two before my surgery. (when we kind of started talking about the count down of what was going to happen around here)

So, with the help of John, some of my friends (that have gentle ways with her) and then Mrs. King, her teacher we thought that maybe I should come in to kindergarten so that I could show Ryan that I was OK.   I took some extra time on Monday to save up some energy and then woke up Tuesday and went in to the kindergarten classroom.  I did no helping Mrs. King- but I was able to sit with Ryan on the carpet and hold hands for a couple hours and be there with her.  It was so nice to be out and about and at school with the kids.  I think Ryan was REALLY excited to have me there.  What a great morning.



look at Ryan there on the blue line in the back - she was so happy



big tuesday take two

The cookie exchange was the same day so I got home at 11ish and knew i had to rest so I would be able to go back up to school for festivities.  I was excited to see people I hadn't seen in weeks (and I love cookies)   We had made cookies the night before to bring (and I had help from the entire family)  So there I was... hours later spotted in line stocking up on goodies.  While friends were telling me I should be home in bed.  (mmwwaahhh)  I am in bed now... with my cookies.

cooooooookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment