Monday, December 27, 2010

accidental DETOX

TEXT HEAVY WITH NO VISUALS.... SORRY.

I got them memo - from my family, my friends and my body that I over did it for Christmas.  I give - I stayed in bed all day Sunday and we watched some movies that we got for Christmas.  I had my snuggling babies with me and John was waiting on us - so we were all good, content and pain free.  I had gone thru the entire day with no meds.  On Monday I thought I would probably be up and moving.  John had to leave early but luckily was able to set the girls up with some breakfast while I stayed in bed.  We had Eva over so after breakfast the girls had the run of the house and all those new christmas toy to play with.  And me - I was stuck in bed.  I didn't feel pain in my neck or head - i felt flu like symptoms (although no real fever to speak of)   I had thought about taking my pain pills but I needed food.  I had made it downstairs to say goodbye to Eva.  I made the girls a super lame lunch and then someone called to have Mia over.  Off she went and Ryan and I crawled back upstairs... got in bed and watched the "Fred" movie (again)  I slept on and off but I was hot and then cold and hot and cold.. shivery and shakey and miserable.   Ryan took care of me... she gave me backrubs and fetched me clemintines from the kitchen - but I was a mess.

I mainly got this big emotional grey cloud that hung over my head - I felt so bad that my girls weren't out and about on the town with friends like we usually are.  A usual winter break would be full of trips to go swimming, ice skating - movies etc.  And I wasn't able to do any of those things with them.  John had alos been busier then expected.  So here we layed.   Ryan was bored, Mia at a playdate and me still in my doom and gloom.  I was crying on and off all day with no certain triggers.  It was confusing for Ryan but I kept telling her I was OK, just sad.

John got home around 5 and Ryan bee-lined for the door to tell John "Mom has been crying all day"   Yikes.  I knew I was going to be in trouble.  John came upstairs to access.  What was wrong with me?  He first starts with - You had so many people to call to help.  But it was beyond that.  I felt SO bad, i didnt want to see anyone.  I didn't want to need anyone.  That was part of why I was so sad.  Having to rely on everyone else.   He thought that dinner out and a run to Target might do me well - so I tried to get ready but couldn't.  I got up, got my jeans on and had to come right back to bed.  Shivering.  John asked about my pain pills and I kind of happily answered that I had not taken any.  It was partly because I had no neck and head pain and partly because I didn't have enough food that I needed to take my meds.

Ding ding ding - we got it.  I was sitting there DETOXING off of Vicodin all day.  No wonder I felt TERRIBLE.  I ended up taking 2 Vicodin, 1 muscle relaxer and went to bed while John and the girls went out for dinner.   For the record, I woke up on Tuesday - took my pain meds and felt fine. Thankfully.  Now I hope to be able to get off of these crazy meds.  I didn't like that wake up call that it sent me,

No comments:

Post a Comment