Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lisa is out of ICU

So yesterday was a big day for Lisa. She was out of bed, sitting up, eating, and looked liked she felt pretty good. I have heard that the first day post OP could be bad so it was a nice surprise to see her doing all of those things. She was able to make on post on Face book but that is all the strength she had. I decided to let her sleep, go have thanksgiving dinner at the school with the girls and check in with her later. I talked with Lisa later in the afternoon and she told me she was moved to a new room out of the ICU. After picking up the girls from school we went to my moms house and had some dinner. It has been nice to have at least one good meal a day other wise I think I would try and survive off of coffee and pistachio nuts. I left the girls to go out shopping with my parents while I went to the hospital to check in on Lisa. I was hoping for more improvement in her, but I think the bad post OP day had set in. She was in a lot of pain and seemed uncomfortable. She had a big day. She probably did way more than she should have and it all caught up to her. She is also now not armed with the pain pump so that seemed to make it more difficult. I left her last night about 7:30 with new medicine falling asleep while watching Survivor. I passed out with the girls when we got home, but woke up about midnight and called to check in on her. The nurse said that she was kind of nauseous and she had just given her medicine to help with that. I sure hope lisa had a good nights rest and has a good day today. It is now getting difficult to keep the girls away. They are getting suspicious about the whole thing and they need to see mom. I am hoping that I can take them later today to see her. I just really wanted the girls to see mom as normal as possible. Everyone here seems to be surviving. The girls are happy and eating like kings. The cat needs love, the dogs need more walks, but seem to be pacified by unpatrolled "treats" Cheeto leaves in her box. Its the little things that is keeping them going.
More updates later.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing good lisa... I mean considering!! You have been through a lot! Keep on keepin on! Im thinking about ya!! And thanks John for the updates!!

    ReplyDelete