Wednesday, November 3, 2010

11.16.2010 dare i say?

Monday morning I called Dr. Elliots office to tell them I would be waiting for Dr. Oros return to surgery. And would call them if anything changed (for an emergency backup) I feel better just knowing that another neurosurgeon thought that I could wait after hearing of my new symptoms and reading my MRI. I needed to feel like i was filling in the blanks and taking control of my health. ****************

Later that day - Bonnie, from Dr. Oro's office called and said that EVERYTHING WAS SET. The insurance approved everything and I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Oro on NOVEMBER 16th. 730AM.

November 16th! ? That seems fast - that is just 2 weeks away. I asked if I was the first one - YEP. You will be the first surgery. HUH!? I knew there had been 3 people a head of me, so I am not sure why I am first. I am guessing it is because I am a squeaky wheel. I have to say I don't spend a lot of my time being a squeaky wheel and it doesn't feel normal to me. I am not sure I feel so comfortable. I am the "basket case"

Within 10 minutes of talking to Bonnie - i called right back. I left a voice message for her since she had left the office. It went something like this: "Hey - just wondering if that date is set - in stone? Nov. 16th? Really? I am looking at my calendar and Nov. 23rd looks great to me. Can I change it to the 23rd? I hope it isn't too late to move things around - Let me know. "

There is the obvious 11.16.10 which does NOTHING for me. and then the 11.23.10 which FEELS SO MUCH BETTER. And then - Thanksgiving break. It would be nice to have my surgery done and recovering in the hospital, being taken care of - while my family is having thanksgiving with friends/family. A bit of a diversion for my girls instead of me at home - sleeping and healing.
This has to do with numbers, feelings and my overwhelming spirit to PLAN. I like to plan. I like some power. This is a hard thing for me to let go.

Tuesday morning - I was voting when Kelly from Dr. Oro's office called. NOV. 16th it is. We can't change it. His surgeries are booked for the remainder of the year. We discussed what this meant about me being first and she said there was no way that Dr. Oro would be allowed to operate if he wasn't cleared by the hospital.

I know I am not suppose to be fixating on a date, but I am. If not numerically - otherwise. I can't bring myself to spread the word. I even told my dad not to buy his plane tickets yet, JUST INCASE it could be ooched' to the 23rd. I am in some denial. DAMMIT.

****** P.S. i feel like maybe this is the info that I should not be going public with - surgery dates and such. but I also feel like this blog is posted for friends and family and still has no Chiari followers. And - if all of his surgeries for the rest of the year are scheduled, then I guess it is no longer an issue. right? everyone has their date. (and someone has 11.23) ugh! (lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment