Sunday, November 7, 2010

a full weekend

Friday, one for the record books. First, lunch with Cindy and even though my chicken sandwich was good - I should have gone with the burger. It was nice to get out for lunch. Then off to buy some good (i.e. expensive) shoes for my aching back/etc. By the time the girls were out of school I was pooped. (housework + shoe shopping and lunch is hard) It was 75 degrees and sunny and Kathryn, Alice and I sat on the hill and chatted. We then went to the park - kids and a dog in tow and after the park ended up at Anthonys. Party of... 20. THAT is how to spend a friday. Nothing planned - but everything falling in the place just at the right time.


Saturday- another beautiful day. But a busy one. Donuts, Val, Mall (more walking shoes?), birthday gift, Costco. Then - John got Ryan off to a birthday party and he and Mia hit the record store. I rushed to JoAnns, then to a pampered chef party and off to Fancy Tiger for class number three! Pieced Pillow. Ok. This one was challenging. I wanted to do a bigger pillow and wow - that may have been a mistake. It was really hard to work big. 3 hours later I didn't have a finished pillow. UGH. My people were still downtown so we ended up next door at the Sputnik (with a shitty waiter) The food was ok - the company was great. Of course I had to run to JoAnns for what I needed to finish my pillow and came home to sew. While I was sewing - barely keeping my head up, but bound and determined to finish - Mia pulled Ryans tooth. her FIRST lost tooth. WooHoo!

Mias first trip to the record store - Blondie record purchased.



Pictures to share of course - Pillow which i finished about 11PM and new smile for Ryan.


Sunday. Sunday was frustrating. The leaves are pilling up and I am not able to rake. I could rake for a bit, but can't bend over to bag them. That is frustrating. I also needed to move the garage around so I can put my car away. I was in the process of working on that when John came out and forbid me to do anything. No raking, No garage rearranging - no nothing. instead - i am at his mercy. True - he wants to do all of this for me, but there are not enough hour in the day. I don't want him HAVING to pick up my slack. I hate that "taking it easy" = being lazy and unproductive. I am not good at wanting something to be done - that I can't do. It made for an unsettled day. John ended up raking and bagging 7 bags of leaves only for us to come home 2 hours later and find that the wind had blown down 14 bags worth of leaves. I think I will have to find someone on craigslist. With me off the leaf raking team - we will never keep up.

This will be round two of leaf raking


1 comment:

  1. That was a good weekend. Raking and all. We are lucky to have such good friends.

    ReplyDelete