Wednesday, November 17, 2010

After Surgery

Lisa finished up surgery and stayed in recovery for about an hour and a half. They were having troubles keeping her pain down after waking up. Once they got her feeling better they moved her to ICU. We got to go in and see her about 4:oo that afternoon. My friend Scott, Penny, and myself were the ones that went in to see her. She was pretty loopy from all of the pain meds, but seemed to be comfortable . From what I have heard from the Dr. and the nurses, she will have quite a bit of pain the first couple of days. We talked for a little while, she asked me what the Dr. told me. I asked her about what she remembered and she said she remembered telling the anesthesiologist that she was busy facebooking people. She also started dropping the F bomb like a gangsta. I wont post those stories here, but if you want to know just ask me. Lisa's mom took off after a few minutes. She had a brief moment where she almost hit the floor after seeing a little blood, but she recovered well. She said her goodbyes and was out of there. Scott and I stayed for a few more minutes but it was time to let her rest.

3 comments:

  1. I just talked to the nurse. She is writing orders to send her to the 4th floor. She will be there probably by 6:00. She told me to make sure she stays calm and not to be to active. I guess she has Lisa pegged already.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to call sometime for those stories.

    ReplyDelete