Friday, September 24, 2010

many stitches - - - -


and i am not referring to the ones that will be in my head. (those are actually staples)

I am talking about my new found hobby of sewing. I am still learning. I know the basics, I can sew curtains and pillows - and then one pattern (A-line skirts) I found out that I needed to have this surgery on SEPT 1st. i had previously scheduled an A-line skirt class at Fancy Tiger for SEPT 4th - which is the anniversary of when my grandma died (8 years ago) I was glad when i saw that date on the class schedule since it made for a good memorial to her.

Anyway - the whole surgery soaked in, i was able to tell my friends and my family and then i got to look forward to Saturday so I could spend 4 hours learning to sew something i could wear. It was instantly a great diversion. I ended up sewing two skirts that first weekend. I figured the more I could make back to back - the better i would learn what I was doing.

In 20 days I have sewn 4 windows worth of curtains, 3 skirts for myself and 2 skirts for my girls. OH, and reupholstered 4 kitchen chairs. I am on a roll.

When I am sewing - I am not thinking about brain surgery. and today: I am sewing.


No comments:

Post a Comment