Monday, September 20, 2010

Conquer Chiari Walk

Conquer Chiari Walk Across America

Saturday, Sept 18th, 2010: Denver's second annual 3K walk to raise awareness and funds for Chiari malformation, a neurological disorder affecting more than 300,000 people in the U.S. The Conquer Chiari Walk Across America is a series of walks held across the country on the same day. Proceeds will fund Chiari research. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., the walk and activities begin at 10 a.m. Belleview Park, 1225 W. Belleview Ave., Englewood, conquerchiari.org



I hadn't really planned to go. John thought it was important. I had first hoped i would be in Chicago and then realized it was a double soccer game saturday (which is always the case in sept/oct at my house) But last minute - i decided to go in between games. I got there just as the walk was ending. I take a long time to warm up in social situations, I need to observe quite a while before I figure out what to say and to who. It was no surprise that i took a ton of photos, listened to a few conversations, watched the physical therapist work with some people, bought some Chiari bracelets and left without saying a word to anyone. That is how I roll. on the sidelines. Maybe next year I can put together a team and we can be celebrating my anniversary of my successful surgery.

1 comment:

  1. I think I want to go to the walk in CO next year...maybe have a reunion of sorts for all the people who have contacted me via my blog and had Oro do their surgeries...hmmmm...

    Jenn
    ihavechiaritype1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete