Sunday, September 26, 2010

loads of info and crazy talk -

my pre-surgery packet came in the mail late friday afternoon. I sat down and started to read it and knew very quickly this would be a trigger for some anxiety. I got thru 2 of the 5 pages. Then when John got home, i passed the papers to him and asked him to read them and give me a summary. There is a list of vitamins to take, then a list of vitamins not to take. It says to eat 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables and limit certain foods like tomatoes. In addition to what seems like normal requests there are added suggestions like quitting caffeine and getting 8-9 hours of sleep each night for 14 days prior to surgery. common now, thats just crazy talk. I loose quiet a bit of sleep over all of this - it won't be the time when i double the amount of sleep i am used to getting. but........... i will.....TRY. (speaking of which it is 10:55 and i am about to turn in to a pumpkin on johns watch)

No comments:

Post a Comment