Saturday, September 25, 2010

5th or 12th

Yesterday I got a call from Kimberly, Dr. Oro's nurse. She was calling to see how i was doing, to see if there was anything i needed and to make sure I had scheduled some appts. for pre-op/etc. While small talking I told her (again) that I think waiting til the 12th may be the hardest part. Once OCT is here - it will be a countdown on 12 days........... instead of the 5 days I was hoping for. Well, pause........ she thinks for a minute and asks if i really do want the 5th. She thinks that maybe the 5th is free right now. I was put on the spot and had no idea how to answer. i mean - i have been complaining about not having the date i wanted 10.05.10 - - but since have said and written 10.12.10 so many times that I am comfortable with it. ANYWAY - she said she would text the DR and call me back when she heard from him.

OK, so that phone call along with a packet of pre-surgery info that was sitting on my kitchen table was enough to work me into a tizzy. I told a few people on friday about the impending date change, but after it sank in a bit it was no longer exciting. It was terrifying. the 5th is less then 10 days away. and I am not a calm, relaxed, positive thinking, rational person that i had been earlier in the month. This may be a strong sign of what is to come.

*UPDATE on monday PM: Kimberly never called me back - and my dad called to say he booked his plane tickets to be here on the 15th. it is set, I am not changing. Surgery = the 12th!




No comments:

Post a Comment