Sunday, September 19, 2010

I am unsure where to start

and just like that, i created my fouth blog. Now i have some catching up to do. This is a blog i should have started almost 2 years ago and instead decided at the time that talking about my newly diagnosed condition only made things worse for me. When my doctor gave me a free copy of the Chiari book - i took it home and planned to read it cover to cover that night. Instead I got about 10 pages in to the book before I realized that every symptom i was reading about - i was getting. (mainly trouble swallowing and headaches) So, that night i tucked the book away and haven't seen it since. (i actually can't find it) In hindsight I really should have taken the time to learn about what it was that I have. It may have been helpful to know more about it so that I wasn't blindsided a couple weeks ago when the Dr. said i NEEDED surgery.

Here I am - with less then a month to go before a major surgery for Chiari malformation and Syringomyelia. I am in no way an expert on my condition, but I live with it and I can tell my story of what I have been thru in the last 2 years and what my experiences are going forward with surgery - hoping for a cure.

I am going to be going back in my archives to posts that I have shared on other blogs about Chiari. What my symptoms were, and how I came to my diagnosis. Once I have the archives posted (post dated) I will try to keep this blog up to date since I have just 21 days until my surgery.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got it all worked out. Don't forget your video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Lisa. I know we never talk - and share only occasionally on fb but I really am thinking about you as you go through the process. You've got support from us - in whatever way you need it.

    ReplyDelete