Thursday, September 23, 2010

5 followers ~

I have five followers, (thank you guys) I better write something. My days are busy. always. and then my nights are relaxing. Tonight I have been watching my reality TV that i have tivo'd and i had to pull myself away to come and catch this blog up.

The other week when we scheduled my surgery date we came home and called our accountant/business guy and finally - after 3 years of talking about it - switched Johns business from a partnership to an LLC. Just so that the business is separate from our personal (hospital) bills. Because of that big change - and because I won't be on top of the bills for a bit - John is taking over that huge responsibility for a while (or forever) John and I spent the day on 2 phones/2 computers getting bill pay set up and switched over with a new bank acct. I also found some time to sort those pesky stacks of paper and mail we always have. Alright - all that boring stuff and a wasted day aside. (wasted but productive)

More financials - I did get some good insurance news. I am 100% in network - all the way around. I am SO fortunate to have Dr. Oro here in Denver/Aurora. The financial counselor and the few insurance people i have spoken with on the phone have seen no red flags. I did finally have someone ballpark the cost of the surgery for me. They say it is a $120,000 with a 3-5 night stay. I guess i AM honestly glad i do have insurance. and I have always said that I dont have "good" insurance, although - i may. If they don't drop me, if they do pay their 80% after my deductible and then don't nickel and dime me after my MAX out of pocket - then - i should consider myself VERY fortunate.



No comments:

Post a Comment