Thursday, January 20, 2011

Its a love hate kinda thing

So - I have been going to physical therapy (at Mountain Valley Physical Therapy)
When I started the week of Christmas I was a noodle.  I don't know the numbers and stats, but my range of motion in my neck was poor and I could barely feel my core muscles. She would ask my to turn a certain way, or flex something -when i already was doing it to the best of my ability.  That is when I realized how much work I had to do.  And also that I was coming from 6wks post surgery but months and months of doing nothing pre surgery.  I wasn't doing much at all physical, because it hurt.

I was motivated to go to physical therapy because when I had a larger range of motion and felt better that meant I could drive.  and relying on rides for a solid six weeks was tough for me.... who loves my independence.  I'm not sure what I thought physical therapy was going to be, but i didn't know it would be as hard.  Wall slides and (1/2) sideplanks and deadbugs. OYE!  The great thing is i LOVE my physical therapist, Gina.  I of course chat her up the entire time I am there.  (do i ever run out of things to say? - no)  She also makes me work hard and after my eighth visit this week my numbers were greatly improved.  It was exciting to see progress, and also for the fact that I am driving and navagating the grocery store.  Still no vacuuming, and not a lot of chores - that part is OK with me.    I took a picture of the bikes in the room where we the hard work.  I sit on the lowriding granny style bike and pedal away for 10 minutes while looking at the spin bike right in front of me. My poor spin bike at home looks just the same - but much more dusty.

granny bike pictured and the far left and on the wall.. teeny tiny 2lbs weights i use.  they are like paper weights.


No comments:

Post a Comment