Tuesday, January 11, 2011

EIGHT week update -

Eight weeks ago this morning I had my decompression surgery.  Sometimes I feel like I am doing really good, and others I feel like I should be doing better or more.

I was just about to post last week that my physical therapy was very slow going.  I was on a hand bike, and then a granny bike (the one where it sits low to the ground and you pedal, and there is a fan) The one i wouldn't be caught dead on in the gym.  But last week we turned up the pace.  I was worked... wall slides, side crunches, tons of core stuff.  OWE. and Gina worned me I would be sore.  and I was.  Friday & Saturday i was super sore but by Sunday I felt better.

On Sunday, John took the girls to see the Globetrotters for Ryans birthday. It was a great snowy day to stay inside (where else would I really be anyway?)  But while I was enjoying the house to myself I over did it.  From dishes, to laundry and many trips up and down the stairs (without going over my 20ish lb limit of lifting)  And then........ the pantry.  It needed to be done because we were getting little moths.  So I pulled everything out and while doing so a stupid box of cereal fell from the top shelf.  I winced so it wouldn't hit me and instantly felt like i had done something wrong.  I hope it is nothing as serious as if feels.  It is on my left side (always my problem side) and it is SORE.   The disheartening thing is that it was only a few hours later I felt tingling in my feet. (the bad sign of Chiari that you dont want to feel)  SHIT if i didn't over do it and THIS WEEK..............

So today -  I am leaving right now to go see my PT-Gina to see if she can work on my neck and see if she thinks i strained something.  Lets hope it is something fixable!  and not something more internal.... like a spinal fluid leak or something like that.

It is also 1.11.11 and at 1:30 I check in for my MRI at 1:45.  I will leave with a disc and will try really hard not to use the MRI software i have on my computer to open it up and take a look.  I have an appointment with Dr. Oro on FRIDAY!  So he can read it and tell me how it all looks.

photos later - I rambled so now I am in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment