Monday, October 11, 2010

it was an easy day -

i had found and hired a cleaning lady (and her husband) to clean my house while i can't. Letecia thought it would be best to come before my surgery so I would have a nice clean house when I came home. This is something that I scheduled a couple weeks ago and when my surgery was postponed I decided it was still a good idea to get my house cleaned. i have been straightening for the last month and a half but no deep cleaning so it really needed it. It was heaven to hear the vacuum cleaner running while I relaxed. (i cut fabric for more skirts and sat on my computer) 5 hours later they were done and my house had the best clean smell. I think it is cleaner then the day we moved in almost 4 years ago.
While Letecia was cleaning my house - Alice was texting me telling me that she had lunch for me. I admitted i deserved NO lunch. i was sitting with my feet up relaxing while people were scrubbing my messes. But - she insisted I still needed to eat. Here she came with lunch in a basket! Homemade cheddar brocolli soup with homemade crutons. and a vitamin water. YUM.


* update on this easy day. 10:30 tonight - i had dozed off in bed watching PawnStars when I heard that terrible sound of kid-puke. Took off down the hall hoping to find whoever it was in the bathroom. Instead Mia was standing in the doorway of her room - throwing up all over the carpet. my clean, germ free house that had the most wonderful smell of clorox and bleach was tainted. in less then 12 hours of the DEEP CLEAN. I can't help to think of how THIS would throw a wrench in me waking up at 5AM going to the hospital for surgery - and having to find someone to stay with Mia until she got better. one tiny reason to be glad my surgery is not tomorrow AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment