Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Am I on the internet?

OH Boy. I talked with Kimberly yesterday (Dr. Oros nurse) We had played phone tag almost every day last week. She called first to tell me that she had talked to Dr. Oro and that none of my new symptoms seem alarming to him. My newest symptom is vibration. I sometimes feel like I am standing next to an idling truck. When you feel the vibrations thru your feet - up thru your spine. I was worried that maybe I should have an MRI on my spine since I haven't had one in 2 years. Maybe something has changed, but Dr. Oro didn't believe so.

When I asked her about scheduling a pre-surgery appt. (good for 30 days prior to surgery) She said that Dr. Oro was meeting with his surgeon on the 10th and wouldn't be able to even discuss surgery until after that appointment. That is a bummer to hear - things around here are still on hold - the calendar is cleared and i sit and wait for a call. She assured me his healing was coming along and he would be back to the office shortly. We did discuss options of other surgeons in the area and when I mentioned Dr. Elliot she told me that he is a surgeon that does deal with Chiari patients. I may pursue an appt. with his office.

**********
I have paper work in to Dr. Elliots office and am waiting on the cancellation list - just to see if he believe that I am safe to wait for Dr. Oro - or if he believes that with my MRI (what it showed on AUG 28th) + my current (new) symptoms if i am more of an emergency case.

**********

Later in the day I got another call from Kimberly - I thought that was odd to get two calls in one day from them. She was calling first to set up my pre-surgery appt. She first said any time the first week of NOV - but then we scheduled for NOV 8th. This is encouraging to have a bit of a timeline - but I am unsure why earlier in the day she said she couldn't go a head with appointments. She said that she would be able to give me a very rough surgery date and she said that Dr. Oros was going to be back in the office next week. So encouraging.

She then asked me if I had been online with any of this info. Online - yes. I am always "online" - what do you mean? She said that someone was online (on message boards I assume) spreading rumors that Dr. Oro was retiring. They had just received a call to their office that day asking if the rumors were true. Goodness - I have a blog (THIS blog) but my followers are family and friends. I have NO Chiari followers (at this time) - Not one person has contacted me thru this blog asking me to swap info or stories. But, my interest was peaked. FIRST - are you calling to give me a surgery date because you think I am spreading rumors online and you want me to stop? I feel like there is something a-miss. SO, for now - I have a rough surgery date in my back pocket.... I will keep the (penciled in) date to myself and continue on.




No comments:

Post a Comment