Thursday, March 17, 2016

Chiari community + Essential Oil.

I am on the Chiari FB pages - I read most of the posts that come up in my feed but don't often reply.  I  have a hard time with posts - I become very psychosomatic.  When I read about someones headache or vertigo or shoulder pain, I feel it.  When I feel it - i get worried.

I posted on the Chiari FB site today for the first time in a long time to offer any oil support I could for anyone out there looking for a natural solution to some of Chiaris worst side effects.  When I post about my Chiari I am always cautious to use the word "cured"  I feel very cured and I like to live in the spiritually positive place where I celebrate my health.  I know many people - even those who have been decompressed don't feel cured. I guess I could say I am a survivor.

It has been an exciting 5 years since my surgery.  The unexpected was that I have given up doing ART as a career.  I had started the Artery to teach classes to kids, mainly silkscreening.  I still love to do that, but as I don't promote my artwork - I also don't promote the Artery.  My focus has turned a bit more inward on my health and my choices - our lifestyle.

When I wasn't able to be as active after my surgery - and then even after physical therapy, cardio was just not my friend.  Taking a run or doing jumping jacks - for certain I will have a headache and be done for the day/night.  I never hurt during cardio - but a few hours after when it is too late.  So, I listen to my body and don't do it.  (great advice from Dr. Oro) When I could no longer eat what I wanted and then pay for it in the gym - I had to change the food I was eating and this led me to many netflicks documentaries. (one of my favorites being FedUP)  I had to begin to question everything we were told about food.  The blueberries in my favorite "healthy" Nutrigrain blueberry waffles, were NEVER blueberries.  It kind of blew my mind. I turned to eating far less processed foods as well as starting to reach for anything more raw and more natural.

July of 2014 I went to an Essential Oil class at a friends house. Her college roommate was there and she was educating people on how to use oils for natural remedies.  Turning to Lavender for sleep, Peppermint for a headache, clary sage for hormones, balance and/or serenity for anxiety.  I was quickly interested in learning more.   I ended up starting with a kit and learning the very basic properties of the oils.  I watched my family benefit from having these oils and I ordered a few more each month.  I shared with family and friends and quickly a business for myself was starting.  I was getting such great feedback and really loved that I was able to help others!

Last fall I went to the doTERRA convention and learned more about the company and the products.  I came home with a very strong WHY - why I needed to continue sharing oils with people.  People can really benefit from having oil as an option for their wellness.   I am about 18 months into this new journey, but feel very confident with what I know to be able to share and educate with people how to get the best benefits from oil for their families.  I would love to extend my help to anyone suffering from the effects of Chiari.  I am in NO WAY anti-doctor, anti-vaccine or anti-medicine.  I clearly have benefitted from all of that in my life.  Oils can not change the position of your brain, or decompress your skull (and add in some mesh and metal) - but Oils can offer so many others things to those suffering from the side effects of Chiari.  I am not a doctor - I am a mom and a Chiarian who has some experience using EO.

Email me -   lisajohnston@mac.com or text me  303.522.0500


No comments:

Post a Comment