Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I named him BOB.

My blood clot has been named.  He hangs out with me all day, so he deserved a name.  Thank you to my friends on the soccer field that insisted I didn't leave without naming him. (kind of like naming a hurricane)

So, with Bob came Lovenox shots in my belly to thin my blood.  You would think that is no big deal but, I was.  I do not have the ability to let my brain tell my hand to poke myself. (not with a big needle)  I can do finger pricks no problem.  At first it was probably funny to watch me try, but then it got stressful. Luckily John was there and took charge and did a fine job.  Nurse John - along with my neighbor Jen who is a nurse gave me all of my shots.  Twice a day for about 12 days.  (and those shots.. they are $51 EA.)  That hurts too!

Because I have to be on Coumadin (blood thinner) for at least 6 months I had to get a medical alert bracelet.  OK, i didn't HAVE to - but I had a persuasive doctor who told me why it was so important.  Advice taken.  It kind of blends in to the rest of them, but I have been told that a responder would check before treating me.


No comments:

Post a Comment